- Charity name: CorporateConnect.AB
- Charity location: South Australia, Australia
- Charity partner since: 2015
Why We Support This Charity
Together, we are building community capacity one cup at a time.
About the Charity
Established in 2010, CorporateConnect.AB works to 'close the gap' in Indigenous disadvantage and to increase the economic independence of communities and individuals in remote, regional and urban areas. CorporateConnect.AB has a pro-bono section that dedicates time and resources to assisting communities where they work with their more immediate youth engagement and employment needs that fall outside funded programs.
In partnership with CorporateConnect.AB (CCAB) and Supply Nation, we run The Coffee Cup Initiative to raise funds for their work. As part of this initiative, we offer a Indigenous Series BioCup featuring Aboriginal artwork as a permanent fixture in our product range. Using the humble coffee cup as a canvas, this series features Indigenous artist Keith Brown’s art.
BioCup Indigenous Series cups
Proceeds from the Indigenous BioCup Series help CorporateConnect.AB continue their work developing practical, innovative, sustainable and strategic solutions for Indigenous employment and economic advancement.These products help support CCAB’s important community work which falls outside of funded programs.
Income from The Coffee Cup Initiative has and continues to fund a range of capacity building strategies. CCAB has worked with communities in the following ways:
- Travel assistance and introductions for key Aboriginal representatives to meet with government and corporate partners in order to gain funding and support for the economic development activities in their communities.
- Financial support and skills development for the training and costs associated in engaging local Aboriginal Financial Literacy Officers to service community members.
- Financial assistance and consultancy time to gain business backing for Indigenous businesses.
- Professional expertise in tender writing, business plan development and grant proposals.
- Sourcing work experience opportunities for Indigenous youth particularly from rural and remote areas of Australia.
- The provision of quality resources to remote and regional youth centres including musical equipment.
- Across Australia we provide assistance with community fundraising events.
- Mentoring and coaching support to Indigenous community leaders.
- Work ready skills development.
- Support to regional Aboriginal Lands Councils for project planning, tender writing and professional skills development.
- Project management support and expertise.
As a socially and responsible business, we have an obligation to preserve and protect the environment and to give back and support the communities that we operate in. We are honoured to be able to help put Aboriginal art into the hands of our community and to support CorporateConnect.AB in the work they do.